Today is my anniversary and I have decided that marrying my wife was the smartest thing I’ve ever done. Marriage, however, is the source of stupid jokes and comments from and for the pathetically-comedic. I do have two favorites, though: (1) The secret to a happy marriage is still a secret; and (2) Marriage is the agreement to support for life the daughter of a complete stranger. (Cue rim shot).
But in this disquisition I provide the following areas of explication and limning.
- The legal implications of marriage.
- Tenancy by the entireties and per tout et non per moi. (A real barn burner.)
- The rise of divorce and why.
- The expectation of failure and doom.
- Unrealistic expectations of the young bride.
- Communication and the certain death knell of the nuptials.
- Why gay marriage makes complete and perfect sense.
- And stuff disguised as miscellany.